* 1880s the ice cave was an ice source for the town of Shoshone *
* After the death of Russell Robinson Sept. 1981, his brother Dr. Henry Robinson took over the business until his death Dec. 2013. At that time the ownership was passed down to Dr. Robinson's son Charles Fred Cheslik who passed away Dec. 2015. In 2019 it was sold to the current owners Shane Wallace and Shelly Adamson.
(Exciting and more in-depth information will be given to you by your tour guide!)
* 1950s the ice cave was acquired by the Robinson family *
The late Russell Robinson took an "impossible dream" and he made it work.........
* 1962 the ice effect was restored by Russell Robinson *
* 1940s overdevelopment and a poorly placed access tunnel melted almost all of the ice *
- IN MEMORY OF-
July 28, 1932 - September 28, 1981
"Cowboy Ballad" excerpt
I was born 67 years too late. So now I have to live my fate.
I realized this at age three, for I hated the inside
And longed for the desert where the wind blows so free
"Saddle Burn" excerpt
Free! Oh, so free, like the fowl that wing forth.
Over his head in the fading night
May he ride forever here and
Forever on the never ending trail above
Ride Saddle Bum, Ride!